Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The end of the snowy day


What a day we had today! Snowy and cold, the winds are whipping outside the house. It's been sleeting for hours. School canceled already for tomorrow. My sister is supposed to be coming in from Boston tomorrow. Hope her plane comes in okay and that she won't have trouble driving from the airport to Jerusalem. The roads were hazardous all day today.

Didn't get much done today, but did manage to finish piecing the center of the Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt. It's another wonderful pattern from Bonnie Hunter's quiltville.com. I just love that site! Bonnie is the most generous lady, offering her warmth, wit, wisdom, and quilt patterns to everyone in need. And now she has set up an online store for quilting supplies in conjunction with Amazon. This will help defray the costs of her website. So of course, I went to it right away and have ordered a bunch of things. I needed those things anyway--rulers, quilting needles, etc.--anyway, so why not buy them through her?

Time for bed. It's just me and my little girl, alone in the house, with the wind howling outside, and the sleet tapping on the windows. I hope we will have a good night.

1 comment:

Yaar Biriah said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Ty also for your feedback, much appreciated.