Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bear's Paw Fabrics

Had been in Baltimore for a week already and still hadn't been inside a quilt shop. It was driving me crazy! So I finally got up the nerve to ask my husband to drive me over to Bear's Paw on Friday afternoon, and he said yes. He was in the middle of working, so I was totally surprised. I didn't want to drive all the way over there by myself, as I haven't driven since I was here last summer and don't feel that confident about my driving skills right now.

Dear Hubby put all his work papers in the car, and off we went. I went in to shop and he stayed in the car to do some work.

I'm trying really hard to finish my UFO's and not start new projects, plus I am trying to work down my stash, so this was a hard shopping trip. They had so much beautiful fabric and so many pretty samples, it was really hard to resist. In the end, I bought backing for two quilts, a pillowcase kit for my little 3 year old granddaughter, some batting, and some new bicycle clips (tighter than my old ones) to hold a quilt rolled securely for machine quilting. And that was it!

The picture is of fat quarters I bought on e-Bay to make a quilt for my 5 year old granddaughter, Shira. This is the Violetta line, and it's so pretty and feminine! I'm going to use the Yellow Brick Road pattern, cause it sews up so easy and quick and shows off all those fat quarters to good advantage. (yes, I know I've made at least 5 Yellow Brick Road quilts already, but that's all right.) They have yardage for Violetta at Bear's Paw, so I was able to buy the backing and binding fabric from them.

No comments: