Thursday, October 16, 2008

The comfort of quilts


Have been so busy the last couple of weeks, between all the company we've had, caring for my mother-in-law, cooking around the clock (at least that's what it feels like), entertaining grandchildren, and definitely not getting enough sleep. This afternoon I finally felt like my battery had run down. I went upstairs to the bedroom, wrapped myself up in a quilt, and went to sleep. It was blissful! When I woke up, all I could think of was how wonderful it was to sleep under the simplest scrap quilt, whose every stitch was put in by my own hand. That soft wonderful cotton, just pure comfort. And made entirely with love. I always thought that we put love into our quilts for others...but today I realized that when we are low or in need of nurturing, we can get it from our own quilts...

No comments: