Thursday, June 4, 2009

More from the Museum

By far the most fabulous thing we saw at the Israel Museum yesterday was a kitchen...made completely out of BEADS! Over a million beads were used to make this unbelievable room, and it took five years of work. I took the first photo, then the guard came over and told me that photography wasn't allowed. So all I could do was to GAWK. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can get an idea of how amazing this thing was. I had actually seen a write-up about it in the paper not too long ago, but didn't realize that we were actually going to see it. Take a look at the cherries on that pie...and the woodgrain on the cabinets...and the wallpaper...
But the quilt block designs on the side of the stove were what really got to me. By the time we left the exhibit hall, I had made friends with the guard, and got him to let me take one little picture of the side of the stove. I just HAD too. I was swooning. OOOOH! Those colors!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pam said...

That is quite amazing!! I just came over to your blog from Snippets of a Quilter. It looks like an amazing museum.

Holly said...

Fun outing at the museum. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. That kitchen is fantastic. Nice guard to let you take another forbidden picture. :-)