Monday, August 31, 2009

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home, to this...
and to my normal life. After living out of a suitcase for 4 1/2 weeks, what a relief to get those clothes back into a closet. And to sleep in my own bed at night! And I'm starting to work off those pounds I put on while on vacation. (did I mention that Baskin Robbins is my favorite place in America?--Pralines 'n' Cream, yummm!). Have walked 2 miles every day since we got back, and also have used my weights machine. This is starting to feel good.
Yesterday I was feeling energetic, and decided to pull out the pasta maker. I had bought it a couple of years back (the one with the crank, not the electric type), but never got up the guts to try to use it. It took me a good hour (including the 20 minutes the dough has to rest) to roll out and cut some beautiful whole wheat fettucine. When Menucha saw the dough, she said she wouldn't touch whole wheat pasta. But when it came on the table, boy did she enjoy it. She was eating bowl after bowl, and said, Mom you should make this every day. But I would have to walk 10 miles a day if I did that, so I don't think that's gonna work out LOL!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: