Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Water Walking

The area around Masada is mostly desert, but here and there one comes across a lush green oasis, with lovely hiking possible. Here are my girls, next to a noisy little stream we walked in for about 2 kilometers. The water was cool and refreshing on our feet, which was especially welcome as the temperatures were soaring up in the 90's! This oasis is called Ein Bokek, and the water comes out of a natural spring and runs down to the Dead Sea. Complete with pretty little waterfalls, and a couple of pools to sit and get wet in, this was a beautiful hike. (Or at least it was, until my husband slipped on a muddy bank and landed flat on his back. I got a photo of that one too, but had to promise him I wouldn't put it on my blog!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: