Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Works in Progress


Sometimes I get tired of working on the stack of UFO's and just feel like I need to work on something new. I pieced all the blocks for this on Sunday, and on Monday morning (don't tell anyone, but it was 4:30 a.m.) managed to get them all sewed together. The beautiful batiks in this Double Pinwheel don't show up very clearly, but I managed to photograph just a little part of it so you can get an idea. Will try to take more closeups a different day.
The blocks were made using a great tutorial from a great blog, Cluck Cluck Sew . They were really easy and quick to make!


On Monday, we had our quilt meeting. Only took one picture. Here is Rina, arranging her Log Cabin Blocks. I brought along gifts for a giveaway to celebrate my 400th blog post. Everyone wrote their names on little pieces of paper, and then I drew the names. What fun! I really think it is as fun to give things away as it is to win them!

The box of 1930's scraps has been staring me in the face for days now. Finally I hunted through it and found just the right scraps for this:

Could this be another baby quilt in the works, perhaps? I am behind by one baby quilt (baby is two months old already) and two more are on the way. Better get moving!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: