Monday, March 15, 2010

Went out to walk this morning, bright and early. It was a nice, sunny Spring day, and the air was clear and fresh. A nice change, since we have been having sand storms, I'm not kidding, coming in from Africa over the last couple of days. When I got home, I was so in the mood to sew something light and Spring-y. So I found a cute little Mary Englebreit charm pack I had gotten last summer, and set to work making some nice little pinwheels for a baby quilt. (After all, there are two new grandbabies on the way, and one of them is due any day now!) The pattern I'm using was on Moda BakeShop, and here's their picture of the finished quilt:

I just love this quilt, especially the prairie points border. I have never made prairie points before, and am so excited about doing it!
Here's what I have done so far:


Tomorrow: I add in the prairie points!

No comments: