Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Exciting Day


It's hard to believe, but our little Menucha is graduating today from the 8th grade. Her school makes a whole production of it, with a choir and a play and a LONG speech by the principal. (If only it were light enough in the hall to applique some Orange Peel blocks during that speech!)

But I think I'm gonna have to pay attention during at least part of it, because Menucha has 3 solos in the choir part, and also a little solo dance. So I had better stay awake. lol


We have been kept so busy and up in the air the last couple of weeks, with preparations for the graduation, finals, etc., that I didn't even notice these lovely objects hanging down from the tree in the entranceway to our apartment. Two perfect pomegranates, growing together side by side. They will be ripe and turn dark red in September. Right now it is nice to watch them ripening little by little. My neighbors up the block have an enormous fig tree that is just chock full of ripe figs now, and they don't mind if people help themselves to some once in a while. I had never liked fresh figs before, but now I love them, thanks to this tree. I will have to get a picture of it, together with the figs. After all this graduation business is over. (sigh).

Posted by Picasa

No comments: