Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rounding the Bend




I have really enjoyed working on this simple applique project. It went with me everywhere I went, to every doctor's appointment, on every airplane, and in every airport where I sat and waited for a flight. When I sat and waited for a music recital to begin, or a dance lesson to end. While I watched the kids at the pool, and when I had to sit on the couch with my sore foot up on a footstool. Yes, this little quilt has been my companion on many an occasion, and I am really glad it was with me to keep me company and keep boredom at bay. As you can see...only 3 more little Orange Peels to go. Then I can sew on the borders and start quilting it.
I am really feeling a sense of gratitude today, not just for the company this project has kept me, but for the many ways quilting--and quilters--have enriched my life.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love this, Susan! Can't wait to see it in person sometime. Can't remember, did you ever mention the size of the squares?

sarafiedler@gmail.com said...

Susan, it's lookin' good. What size will it be?