Monday, July 26, 2010

Making Progress

The summer is speeding by. Have been busy getting my sweet daughter ready to go to sleep-away camp. This will be her first time going away from home. And possibly the first time in 13 (all right, almost 14) years that her father and I will be alone. Hopefully we will find time for a little getaway, just the two of us. I'll let you know if it happens. :-)

Here she is, after a long afternoon of shopping for clothes to take to camp. The camp list is sooo long. Sometimes it feels like we will never get all the things she needs. But she seems cheerful nonetheless.

After the shopping trip, we went to watch my nephew perform in his play for drama camp. He had the lead role, and definitely stole the show.


You knew there had to be some sewing going on here somewhere, didn't you? Even though it has been hard to sit for very long, on account of my back still being a little tender, I have managed to get some piecing done.
This is a quilt made from a pattern by Amanda Jean over at CrazyMomQuilts. The tutorial was on one of my favorite websites, Moda Bake Shop. It's so easy to make this one. It just takes 4 charm packs (I used SWEET, just like she did) to make the top, and the template for the tumbler shape is cut right out of the cardboard that comes with the charm squares. Isn't that the best?
First it was short...

Then it got longer...

And now I have half of the quilting done. I'll take some more pictures when the quilting is all finished. The backing is white with red dots, and the binding will be red with white dots. It's exactly baby size. A super cute quilt!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: