Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My New Friend

When I first started this blog (I can't believe it's been 4 years since then), I never dreamed of the wonderful friends I would meet as a result.  How much happiness has been brought into my life!  Recently I made the acquaintance of CHRISTINE, who saw my blog and got in touch. She has been living here in Jerusalem since January, and is a fellow QUILTER!  You know, when we quilters get together, it doesn't matter where we come from, what place on the political spectrum we occupy, what religion we espouse. We are all sisters and we have an immediate connection. That's how I felt right away about Christine.  Today was the first time we met each other in person, and for me it was like I had always known her.

After a lovely visit at Christine's house, we set off for our local fabric shop, where she had never been before.  Christine knows how to make up for lost time! It was lots of fun to see all the fabrics for sale, and to see all the great fabrics she picked out. She is going to be one busy lady. :)
Christine, I am so glad to have met you and to have you for my friend. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quilting Corner said...

I agree. It's always great to make new quilting friends.

Christine @ sew bossi said...

Thanks for a lovely day, Susan. See you soon!
hugs

Roxanne said...

How wonderful to spend time with another quilter. Sounds like you two had a lovely time.