Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Finish and a Flimsy

I put the last stitches on the binding of this quilt last night. You may recall that I was planning to hand-quilt the borders with Baptist Fans, well I did do that part of the way around. Then I realized that my eyes were unhappy about quilting with black thread on black fabric yet again. Not only that, but the fans weren't even showing up anyway. So I did what I do best (lots of practice)...I RIPPED all those fans out! Marked some nice big triangles in the borders and quilted them by machine. And now my little quilt is done. It was fun to make. From a pattern in Gwen Marston's Liberated String Quilts.  All the fabrics in the center were scraps created when I cut the wedges for my Dresden Plate quilt. Aren't they cute?
 
These slightly wonky blocks are now officially a flimsy. The colors really don't show up well in the photograph, maybe because of the light shining through the fabric. The blue is a true navy, and what looks like red is really a lovely dark caramel. But at least you can get the idea of how it's coming out.  
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quilting Corner said...

Great job. Really love these projects. Keep them coming.

Quiltn Mama said...

The second one looks like stained glass...love it!

Roxanne said...

I like the second one the best too.