Friday, May 19, 2017

Finally, a Finish!

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? Have been traveling a lot (Israel-Florida-Baltimore-Pittsburgh-Baltimore-Florida...twice!) and have been kept extra busy with family on both sides of the Atlantic/Mediterranean. Finished a number of small projects--I still love making those minis. And this week I finished one bed-sized quilt, for Grandson #2. I started piecing the blocks a couple of years ago, but got side-tracked and forgot about them. Picked the project  back  up, and my grandson helped me figure out color combinations for the blocks that still needed to be pieced. This week I finally got the quilting done, and I think it came out pretty cute! The quilting in the center was done in a "barn raising" pattern, and the borders were quilted with a cable design. Had a good time making this one!
The 36-patch blocks were pieced following a tutorial from Amanda Jean at www.crazymomquilts.blogspot.com. I know there are other ways of doing this, but her method worked just fine for me. 

Enjoy your weekend!
Susan

No comments: