Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trying to catch up!

You are probably wondering why I haven't written anything since my first post. Well, there are a couple of reasons for this. First of all, I am finishing the work on a children's book I am editing. This book was in very bad shape when it came to me! Events are out of chronological order, writing is awful, basically a pretty pathetic piece of work (I hope the author isn't out there reading this).
Not only that, I am working on Busting Stash and finishing UFO's. All of you out there in Quiltland know what I mean. Finally finished hand-quilting my Simply Strippy quilt, it only took nine months to quilt, and now I'm sewing on the binding. So that is almost done. Took off the foundation paper from my Amish Strip Quilt, and now I have to sew on the sashing and corner posts. So that's good. But while I was busy with all of that, I noticed that there is still way too much blue fabric, and I started to make blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesties. Have 8 blocks done already, and when it starts to look like something (also when I learn how to put photos on my blog) I'll post some pics. I think this is the 5th blue quilt I have made in 2 years. There must have been a real good sale on blue fabrics, cause boy do I have a collection.

Have also been walking an hour every day with my daughter-in-law, Sari. She is in her 7th month of pregnancy, and finally decided to take me up on my offer to walk with her. Like a lot of people, she won't walk by herself, but if she has company she will go out. So I go out with her every day to walk and then I run for half an hour on the treadmill when I get home. I'm getting into great shape!

Well, The Book is calling me. I hope today will be the last day of working on it.

No comments: