Friday, July 18, 2008

More Oldies but Goodies





Here are a couple of things I am going to finish up--really, really I will! Of course the little quilt top is first in line. The hand-quilting is half-way done and so is the binding. Ask me why I am sewing the binding before the quilting is done? I know there was a reason, but right now I can't remember. Oh yeah, I didn't want the batting coming apart all over the plane next week, so I just cut it off and attached the binding. This is actually a kit I got from Connecting Threads a while ago and I finally got to it. It was fun to piece, although I didn't follow their directions for cutting or piecing--I used the Easy Angle for the half-square triangles and it went so fast! One of my favorite tools.
The other one is a kid-sized Stack N Whack I started a while back in Baltimore. I came across it when I was organizing my stash, and said "why not?". I can quilt this thing now since I've been practicing the free-motion quilting. Thought I would need to give it to someone to do, but I'm going to try to do it myself. Don't you love the frogs? This material was so cool, every kaleidescope came out with a different frog in the middle. This one is going to the 5 year old grandson. He's a little hoppy frog himself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely. I haven't tried Stack 'n Whack yet coz they look complicated.