Monday, August 4, 2008

Trying to Stay in Touch




Have been so busy here in Baltimore, haven't had any time to post to this blog at all! Am catching up with old friends, went to a Bar Mitzvah, and ate out a couple of times. Wanted to do some shopping at my LQS, but when we got there, it was closed--SUMMER HOURS! BUMMER! And hubby had been so nice about driving me there, too (major miracle). Hope he'll be willing to do it again.
We went to Washington DC one day last week and visited the Smithsonian Museums--Air and Space and Museum of Natural History. That was so fun!
And the best thing...I started a quilt group here in Baltimore maybe 15 years ago, for Jewish ladies. We called it the Kosher Quilters. And guess what, they have been meeting all these years. We all went out to dinner on Wednesday night, it was the nicest thing. There were 5 new ladies, including two new quilters who had moved here from Rochester, NY and from England. It was so fun to see photos of their work (we were not going to Show & tell real quilts right in the restaurant). They'll have a regular meeting on August 13. I can't wait!
In the meantime, here is a photo of one of my favorite quilts, made about 12 years ago. We keep it in the house in Baltimore, and hubby sleeps under it. Ask me why I am putting in so many pictures of the one quilt--it was my first scrap quilt, and I just love it!

No comments: