Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hi, I'm back!


Whooeee, it's been a while since I posted anything here. We were hit with a bad case of very persistent jet-lag. It lasted almost a week. I had no energy to do anything, even the unpacking was taking forever. Somehow *LOL* I found the strength to drag myself to the sewing machine and somehow I managed to sew on the borders for my new Yellow Brick Road quilt. I pieced it when we were in Baltimore, and it just needed the borders added. This will be for Shira, my youngest granddaughter in Houston.

In addition, I have been working on a Spiderweb quilt. Brought a whole bunch of scraps back with me from Baltimore (Boy did they multiply while I was away. Now how did that happen?) I'm using the scraps for the Spiderweb quilt. Could probably make a dozen, with all the scraps around here. Don't you just love how the spiderwebs begin to appear when you start putting the blocks together?


Plus I got hold of some more pink fabric so I can finish piecing Menucha's pink String Quilt. Will have to take a picture of that in the daylight. I don't think I have a photo of it yet.


Brought a couple of DVD's back with me. So far I have seen "Message in a Bottle", which is pretty old but I hadn't seen it before. What a tearjerker. Such a sad, sad ending. Tonight I'll probably see "The Devil Wears Prada". Looking forward to that.


And I've been babysitting for little Ariel, whose mother went back to work. While I feel sad for him, it's sure nice to have him around. I can play all the games with him that I played with the big ones when they were young. He loves all my toys, and boy do we have toys around here! No matter how many I give away, there are still lots and lots, thank goodness.


Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought one of the new Hoffman Bali Pops when I was in Baltimore. My LQS, Seminole Sampler, was nice enough to send it to me in the mail because I didn't really have the car very much and couldn't get over there. I decided I would make the free project posted by 2nd Avenue Studio on http://www.quiltinggallery.com/. I picked the KiwiBerry flavor, it's so pretty with blues, greens, and purples. I have all the blocks pieced, and the whole thing is almost put together. Here is one of the blocks. This is so fun and easy!


No comments: