Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fallingwater


After 5 weeks we are finally back home. Of course the jet lag is making me feel like I was hit by a truck. When I recover, I'll start posting some pictures. For now, here is a picture of the most beautiful house in the world (in my opinion), Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. The last day we were in Pennsylvania, my DH was a good sport and took me there. He and Menucha waited in the parking lot while I took the tour of the house--they both agreed that they weren't interested in seeing it, so I got to go on my own, which was fine with me.
I wish they would allow photographs of the inside of the house, but they don't. At least I was able to get some good shots of the outside. I just love this house, and felt that I could stay there my whole life. It's right in the middle of a forest, and you can hear the waterfall from inside the house. The house is full of beautiful artwork the family picked up on their travels all around the world, and every piece was placed in the perfect spot. This is not an elegant home, but a home designed to integrate completely with the natural setting.
And Why, you may ask, was DH being such a good sport about this? Could it be because the day before I had agreed to risk life and limb and go WHITE WATER RAFTING with them? I'll bet it was. I had wanted to go on the easy raft trip--you know, where you just drift peacefully down the river on completely smooth water--and they wanted to go on the rapids. I was having nightmares about it every night. Well, finally I woke up in the middle of the night after one of those nightmares and said to myself, "I just have to face my fears". In the morning, I told him I would do it. And guess what? It was really lots of fun. The first rapid or two, I was pretty scared, then I got used to it, and by the end I was really loving it and having a great time. Couldn't believe it--was this really me??? They had a video guy who took a video of the whole thing. He even caught a great shot of DH when he fell out of the raft, so of course we bought the video at the end. That will be great to show the grandchildren!
More to come!

1 comment:

Roseanne said...

You would all way fill at piece living in that house .The water fall how lovely . I think i would love to live there to .