Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here is my little grandson Ariel, 8 months old already! He crawls all over the place, pulls himself up to standing next to the couch, and says Mommy and Daddy in Hebrew, "Imma" and "Abba". What a character. Can't you just see the mischief written all over him? This picture was taken at Cafe Rimon, a great restaurant in the center of Jerusalem. I usually make a big Hanukka party for the family every year, and we celebrate my birthday at it too, but this year I need to take it easy so the party was postponed till next year. Instead my DH and Menucha and my DS and DIL took me out for dinner. I was so surprised when the dessert came out with sparklers on it and everyone in the whole place sang Happy Birthday! I was so surprised I didn't even think of taking a picture of it. Too bad. The dessert was that great chocolate lava cake with the hot chocolate sauce inside of it. Yum yum. Sorry I didn't save you any...
Still going through piles of quilty things, and ran across this one. I think I bought it off eBay. I just love these colors. Will look for a place to hang it up, it seems like such a nice one for the wintertime. I always wonder how someone can part with something they made and put their hearts into. I don't think I could do it. When I give my kids quilts, I make them promise they won't put them up on eBay when I pass on. Just bury them with me when I go...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy belated birthday and happy new year to you, Susan. I'm glad you are feeling better. I look forward to this new year of reading about your life and quilt creations in Jerusalem.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Your grandson is adorable. Love the wall quilt. Such pretty colors