Thursday, January 1, 2009

A few moments of quiet

It's been a long time since I visited Bloggyland. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. We have been so busy with one thing and another. I am starting to feel well again and am almost back to my old self. It's wonderful to have some energy. I have had this mono thing since October, and it felt like it would never end. We have been having some rain, which is badly needed. Also some beautiful sunny days. The cactus in the picture above lives on the windowsill of my bedroom. It is some kind of a special plant from Madascar. It makes these beautiful red thingies you can see, and also these little tiny white flowers that appear from time to time. The neat thing about this cactus is that the thorns? (is that what you call them?) spikes? are soft and silky like hair, so soft that you can just stroke them without fear of being pricked. There may actually be two different types of cactus in there, the tall one and the little cute ones down below. It's hard to tell.
Another little treasure from my windowsill. If you make it bigger, you can see the threads from when Menucha used the glue gun to reattach the handle when it got broken off. Isn't that little Dutch girl darling?

Here's my own little "Dutch Girl", relaxing on the sofa with Game Boy.

Emmy the cat will sit on anything quilty, no matter where she finds it...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: