Sunday, June 7, 2009

Remember the great bead kitchen I described in an earlier post? I went to the website of the Israel Museum and found a nice sketch of it. Doesn't really do it justice, but here it is. It still doesn't show all three walls, but it shows more than I got to photograph.
It's Saturday night, and I'm just heading off to bed after a full day of grandchildren and more grandchildren! What fun we had today! We played lots of games. Since the grandkids come in all different ages, I have games for every age level. So there I was sitting on the floor with Shira, who's 3, building block towers together. Then I played Rummikub with the 10 year old and the 12 year old. A wacky game called Wig Out was enjoyed by all ages, and the big ones played a strategy game called Screech. We polished off a whole watermelon and the batch of ice cream sandwiches I had made yesterday. Yum!
To top it off, Menucha pulled out her bag of Jelly Bellies and had the kids guess what flavors they were eating without letting them see the package. These little Israeli kids had never tasted Jelly Bellies before, so it was really fun to see their reactions to the different flavors. The only one they didn't like was "Java", so they picked out all the brown ones and gave them to me, since I'm the coffee-lover in the family.

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

The entire kitchen is made of beads! Unbelieveable. Someone had too much time on their hands. It sounds like you had a great time with your grandkids.