Thursday, July 16, 2009

Quilt Rescue Mission

Got a call from a friend of mine this morning. She said that she had a bag of stuff that had been left with her by a lady who used to live in our neighborhood. Could I please take a look at it and see if it's something worth saving--otherwise she was going to throw it away. I ran right up the 111 steps to her house (huffing and puffing up the last 77 or so), and this is what she had to show me:

Only one block was actually completed. The rest were partially done, just the centers had been sewed together. 12 block centers had been done by hand.
Pieces were cut out with templates:

Fabrics were all there to finish it up. But I guess she gave up part of the way through... I think I'll just take the centers and put them together, and make a nice little baby quilt. It's pretty pinks and blues, and we have a couple of new babies on the way in the family...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: