Sunday, August 16, 2009

I hit the Jackpot!

I was hoping, hoping, hoping that somewhere I would run across this book. And when we went on our weekly trip to the public library on Friday--there it was. The answer to my prayers.
I don't know if I will ever make anything as wonderful as the quilts in this book, but it certainly got my creative juices flowing. Receiving 10 more Kaffe Fassett fat quarters in the mail today didn't hurt either.
Being in Baltimore just a couple of weeks once a year (and this time, we will only be here for a week) means we have to try to catch up on as much reading as possible. Menucha is a voracious reader, and can take 20-30 books out from the library at a time. She has already finished reading almost all the books she took out yesterday. And I am reading through mine full-speed as well. Have already finished a number of them. I also have read three of hers. She tends to pick out kind-of wacky books, like A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Willoughbies. But she also picks out some lovely ones as well, and I love reading the things she has chosen. It gives us lots to talk about together, when we read the same books. It is good to have something to talk about and share, when a kid is almost 13 and about to enter the teen years. Hopefully we will be able to continue to share our interests in the coming years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: