Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Round Robin Quilts

We spent most of the day packing and getting ready to go home. It has been a long vacation, and I am really ready to go back to normal life. Menucha starts school next week. We still have to shop for some of her school supplies, but tonight we got her a backpack at Office Depot, so that's one less thing to have to shop for.
My quilt group in Baltimore has been doing a Round Robin project. I was able to take pictures of some of the quilts the other night at the meeting. These are so beautiful and creative! I really love that first one--brights with black are always a favorite color combination of mine.
I have a couple more pictures, but they will have to wait for a different day. I'm so tired from packing and running last-minute errands, and I want to get a good night's sleep before our big trip. I think it's the 4-hour layover in Rome that has me concerned. Am not sure yet how I will keep Menucha occupied.
See the machine embroidery on the outside border:
.

This one has three-dimensional butterflies, plus pansies embellished with beads and tulle.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: