Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to Bali!


Sat down at the sewing machine for the first time since we left for the States. I had never even tried out my new walking foot, so today was the day. My old walking foot had stopped working while I was in the middle of quilting the Sister's Choice quilt for my husband's birthday, so I was finally able to finish up the six blocks that never got done. After that was finished, I started to quilt the Bali Pops quilt I had pieced last year.
I had thought I would quilt this one with free-motion leaves or swirls, but decided to just do some straight-line channel quilting. I guess it's such a relief to have a walking foot that works, I just want to use it for something. Am quilting the lines following the edge of the walking foot, and it seems to be coming out nice. Am using a Sulky variegated thread, which matches the fabrics beautifully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new blog look.
Shana Tova
Etty