Monday, November 2, 2009

Chukar partridge sighting

Yesterday while I was out walking with my friend Sarah, a whole group of chukar partridges ran across the road in front of us. They are fat little striped birdies, always running around in a group. I think they are only in our area of the country in certain seasons. I like to go out to walk at around 6:00 a.m., but this morning the air was cold and a storm was brewing. So no outdoor walking for me today, just the treadmill. No scenery, sniff sniff.
The forecast was for severe storms, so I considered not going to Beitar for our weekly quilting group. But when I thought about it for a little while, I knew there was no way I could give it up. Took the two buses out there, had a great time, and got home just as the first drops of rain started falling. What luck!
Some beautiful quilts-in-progress were shown. I got another row sewed onto my Wildflower Serenade HST quilt. I am really enjoying the hand-sewing. It is just so relaxing.

No comments: