Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Winter is here

The rainy season is here. I put out some buckets to catch the rainwater so I can use it for my houseplants...

Last week, I planted some collard greens outside in boxes on the porch. The weather here gets cold, but I don't think it will bother them too much. Some of the seeds have sprouted already.

The house was cold in the night. We used the heat for the first time this season, just for a little while, to warm up the bedrooms before we went to sleep.
In the morning all I could think about was snuggling under lap quilts on the couch. Pulled out some charm packs of Moda Tranquility I had bought last year. Now is the time to use them!
Here they are, up on my portable design wall. If you have no place for a permanent design wall, this is the thing to get. I got mine from Cheryl Ann's website. I can put it up in 10 minutes flat, and take it down even faster. The only problem I ever had was when a certain young lady cat used to enjoy jumping up onto the wall and batting the fabrics down with her paws. That wasn't very good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: