Friday, December 11, 2009







Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. I want to wish all my friends and all the quilters around the world a healthy and happy holiday.
    Try not to eat too many latkes! Or jelly donuts! Yes, I mean YOU! And me too, of course. :-)

I love me a good potato latke. Every year I make a new variety, in addition to making the old standard recipe. I especially love latkes made with a combination of shredded potato and sweet potato. Maybe next week I'll find some time to share a latke recipe with you. I did make jelly donuts for Hanukkah a couple of years ago. Once was enough. I don't really eat anything fried except for some latkes on Hanukkah.  Can't fight Tradition.

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Happy Hanukkah! I'm going out to a family party this evening, and I plan to eat all the latkes I can! May your candles shine brightly, and may your dreidle turn to the Gimel!