Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yesterday was my birthday, but it was a quieter one than usual. Every year I make a nice combined birthday/Hanukkah party for the family, but with my MIL in the hospital, I just didn't feel it was the right thing to do. So on Sunday night, when we were on the way home from the hospital, we stopped at the gas station and picked up three Cornetto ice creams. We used to call them Drumsticks when we lived in America. They were not much bigger than the picture below.  Took them home, sang Happy Birthday, and ate them up in a flash.


Then last night, Menucha gave me the gift she had made for me, a cute little hanky with a cupcake embroidered on. It was her first embroidery. I just love it. I don't know what it is about hand-made gifts. I like the lowliest hand-made gift better than the fanciest, most expensive thing you can get from the store any day.



My DH went to the hospital this morning to pick up his mother. They were going to discharge her but the doctor examined her and said he feels she needs to stay. So now we'll see what happens. We are praying for her and hoping she will be back home soon, in good health.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday, Susan!

heather said...

Happy Birthday!

Blogless me said...

Belated wishes for a happy birthday. May you year be full of joy, may love surround you and may your wishes come true!