Friday, March 19, 2010

Borders On!

After a number of false starts, and much effort with the seam ripper, those borders are finally on. I don't know why these gave me such a hard time, but I do know that when the directions read: "Sew 5" outer border strip to top and bottom, trim excess", there is going to be trouble. I am so used to measuring through the center of the quilt, and not just pinning the borders to the edges, I should have
known what was going to happen. Frills. If I was making a fancy little girl's dress, it would have been all right, but not on the border of a quilt!



Anyway, the borders are done. And isn't it cute? I asked my daughter in Houston (the one who's due in a couple of weeks) what she thought about it, and her response was, "Too girly". Hmm...was she telling me something there? Or was she trying to throw me off the trail? They never tell us what they're having until the baby is born. Humph.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Nice and simple baby quilt, Susan. Came out just right. I've never tried one, but those Moda patterns usually look easy.

Lori said...

I love it! Hmmm What was she trying to tell you? Time will tell!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is an adorable quilt. I just love it!!!! It is girly so......maybe it's a boy?? Or shes just tricking you. Either way it's so pretty.