Monday, May 10, 2010

The Kindness of Quilters

You know I have really fallen in love with those Civil War reproduction fabrics. And I have especially started to love the little quilts in Kathleen Tracy's books. The next one I want to make is her Civil War Baskets Quilt. But I only got 20 minutes of shopping time at the local quilt shop, not enough time to find all the fabrics needed for this very scrappy look.


Enter Tara, of Sew Unique Creations. She had just come home from the quilt shows in Chicago and Paducah when I approached her about the fabrics for the basket quilt. Quick as could be, she put together a whole collection of fabrics, including some from her own stash, and sent them to me in the mail. I love each and every one of these, and just keep looking at each individual fabric over and over. What a wonderful surprise to receive in the mail. Thanks so much, Tara. You are the greatest!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: