Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Obsession and a Finish!


Yes, I said I was going to start taking pictures of interesting iron-work, and indeed I have begun. Here is a beautiful bit of work on top of a fence in front of someone's driveway.

Some beautiful work on the gate to another home.

This was a metal fence that slanted up and then down and up again. Flowers grow through it all along the way.


And yes, the finish. Completed sewing down the binding on this one in the morning.



This was my third blue and yellow quilt, and the most fun to make. It's all from scraps, and it was certainly a challenge getting the blocks from the design wall to the sewing machine in the correct direction. Even now, I just keep looking at the pictures of it to see if I really did have a turned-around block. So far I can't spot it. I would never have dared to make this one without a design wall!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: