Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fun Day in Beitar

What a good time I had today! I went to a potluck lunch with all the ladies in Beitar. Some of them were from our quilt group, and some were ladies I had never met before. The company was great, the food was delicious, and I got away from my Math book! Not only that, but my neighbor Bonnie, who is a fellow quilter, came to the potluck with me, so I had a nice traveling companion. What could be better than that? 
Yes, I had my camera with me and forgot to take pictures of all the scrumptious food. It was all colorful and beautifully prepared. I especially loved the salads (even the one I brought) and the great marinated fava beans that Sara brought (I think that's what they are called). I also brought my famous Spiced Pumpkin Bread, which disappeared pretty quickly. A number of people asked for the recipe, so here it is:

Spiced Pumpkin Bread 

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup canola oil
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (I prefer Libbey's)
1/2 cup raisins

Now this is so easy. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a "well" in the center.
In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients. Then add them to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in the raisins.
You can do this by hand or with a mixer.
Spray two loaf pans with Pam. Divide batter between them. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on racks.
These freeze really well.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Quiltn Mama said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe Susan. I have a free day tomorrow so I think I'll make your bread and quilt all day!
-Stephanie

Quilting Corner said...

Thanks so much. I will try to see that the ladies that don't home computers get a copy of your treat