Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I'm working on


Lori over at Humble Quilts is one of my favorite quilters and I just love her blog. Recently she had a quilt-a-thon. Well, I have never joined a quilt-a-thon before. Usually there are too many steps, too many pieces to cut, I don't have enough of the right fabrics, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the group, etc. etc.  But Lori gave really easy instructions for a small quilt, and I had enough scraps (ha ha, no worries there) to make it.  Lori calls this quilt Mountain Trail and as you can see it is a Log Cabin variation. I started cutting and piecing on Sunday night and finished the top this afternoon. Since I took the picture, I have sewed on the borders. Now, on to the quilting!  Isn't this just the cutest?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quilting Corner said...

This is a great quilt. I really like how it turned out. How big is it?

Sara Fiedler said...

I LOVE it! What is the finished size?

Roxanne said...

The red border sets it off beautifully!