Friday, March 1, 2013

Some Friday Finishes

On Monday morning, I sprained my ankle and have been on the couch since then. Being A QUILTER, I took advantage of the "down-time" and finished up two projects that have been sitting for a while. This first one (sorry for the wierd picture, but I can't get anyone to hold the quilt for me) was started many years ago using a Schoolhouse pattern from Connecting Threads. It was so plain. So in 2005 I decided to add the sawtooth borders using some fabric I had left over from a different quilt. The quilting was all done by hand. I know you can't see the quilting on the black sashing, but it's all feathers which were drawn freehand on the top (no stencil involved). This idea came from Gwen Marston, and it worked perfectly. BTW I think this is the last time I'm going to quilt with black thread on black fabric. It's hard on the eyes!

This little 9-Patch was made using a free pattern from Kathy Tracy.

I've really started to enjoy making little quilts and have plans for some more.  Am finding lots of inspiration in this new book from That Patchwork Place. (sorry, this isn't a link, just a picture of the cover.)
There are patterns by some of my favorite designers, like Kathy Tracy and Carrie Nelson. Can't wait to get started!
Have a great weekend!
 

1 comment:

Quilting Corner said...

So sorry to hear this. Hope you are better now. Please let me know how you are doing.