Friday, April 1, 2016

Finish It Up Friday

It's a good thing I brought along lots of little quilts to work on during my trip to the States. While I was in Baltimore, I finished up two more minis. These were both Monthly Mini kits from The Temecula Quilt Company. Sometimes it's just easier to have someone else pick out the fabrics and the pattern and all you have to do is sew it up. This Diamond in a Square was a quick project. I pieced it before leaving Israel, and quilted and bound it while I've been here. It was quilted by hand with #8 perle cotton, one of my favorite quilting threads. 
The other one I finished this week was a little bow tie quilt. 

At first I started quilting it by hand, then changed my mind and quilted it on the machine...that took about 5 minutes. I had cleaned and oiled my Bernina, which sat unused in Baltimore for way too long, and I wanted to see what she could do. Worked like a charm! Then all I had to do was finish up the binding. 
Have a happy weekend. Hope yours includes some sewing! 

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I love making little quilts too - they're usually so quick to stitch up! How long will you be in the States? Enjoy your visit.