Thursday, September 15, 2016

Credit Where Credit is Due

You may recall that yesterday I posted a picture of a finished little quilt.

It was a busy day, and I didn't have a chance to write anything about it, so I'm back today to give you some background. I came across the original on Pinterest some time back. It was made by Martha at Qisforquilter, and I had wanted to make it for a while now. However, there was no way I could make it the way Martha did--she cut all 160 triangles, good for her! I am in awe of quilters who can do that! Klutz that I am, there was no way I could sew on 160 little triangles and have them come out right...bias edges and I just do not get along. So I cut out little squares and used the "corner square" method. This worked out just fine, and voila! An adorable little doll quilt made with reproduction 1930s fabrics! Martha, thanks for the inspiration!

No comments: