Monday, January 28, 2008

Let it snow!


Well, the forecast is for 2 days of snow, a real rarity here in Jerusalem, and all the kids are going crazy! Especially my daughter Menucha, who was lucky enough to experience winter in America and lives for snow. Sadly, we live right on the edge of the Judean desert, and we haven't had a good snowfall in years. People on the other side of town managed to get a nice bit last year, and they made snowmen and had all kinds of fun in the snow, but whatever fell here in our area didn't even stick on the ground. (boo hoo) So we're all hoping we get some nice white stuff tomorrow.

While everyone is stocking up on bread and milk, what am I thinking about...do I have some hand quilting project to do in case the electriciy goes out and I can't use the machine? A girl has to have priorities...

Ordered some fabric for the borders of my Amish Strip Quilt, and I have to go up to the post office tomorrow to pick it up--the postal service doesn't deliver packages to the house--but if it snows, I won't be able to go and get it. Guess it will have to wait. In the meantime, I'm posting a photo of the quilt without the borders (they will be the same blue as the sashing).

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi, Susan. thanks for the comment on my quilt. I don't think you're alone in wanting an inner separating border but I like that clashy smashy hard to look at effect. I love this amish string quilt, gorgeous. how about updating your blog - did you get this one finished?