Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sister's Choice

Here is the first finished block of the Sister's Choice quilt. I am following Bonnie Hunter's instructions at www.quiltville.com. The blocks really go together easily, and she has a great system for making the 9-patches. Have 13 blocks done already, but I don't know yet how many I'm going to make altogether. My husband, who is in Baltimore now, says Bonnie's book has arrived in the mail. So when he comes back here in a couple of weeks, he will have a nice treat with him! I also ordered Gwen Marston's book from a number of years ago about quilt design, the name escapes me right now, but I'm really looking forward to reading that one too.
Today I seem to be feeling a little bit better and have some more energy--maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and things are starting to improve. I still need a good solid nap somewhere during the day, but didn't spend the whole day in bed as I had been doing. I am so grateful to all the people who e-mailed me with their good wishes. It really helps! And reading your upbeat blogs has helped keep me positive. God bless you all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: