Monday, January 25, 2010

Before and After

Did you ever piece a quilt, and somehow you knew it just wasn't "right"? A couple of years ago, I pieced the top on the left. I marked every little bit of it for quilting--the feather wreaths in every one of the solid white setting squares, etc. etc. It was hand-basted and I started to hand quilt. Quilting with white thread didn't seem to show up at all. Quilting in red was garish. I knew I was never going to hand quilt this whole thing. There was just something I didn't like about it. So I took it apart...and yesterday sewed the whole thing back together again...
Isn't it nicer now? NOW I can go ahead and quilt it again. By machine this time. I would like it to be done in this century. Actually...this week.

Before...                                      

and After...

No comments: