Thursday, June 10, 2010

My First Commission!


My friend Sara is a wonderful quilter. I am always amazed at the gorgeous things she makes. But she does not like to do free-motion quilting. So guess who she asked to do some stipple quilting on her new baby quilt? Being as this is really bigger than a regular baby quilt, it took me all of Tuesday morning to quilt it. But I think it came out great. And I love those cute blocks, so happy-happy-happy!



After working on Sara's quilt, I had a hankering to make a baby quilt of my own. Never mind that all 4 babies born in our family so far this year were boys, and I have already made them all quilts of their own. I was in the mood for a baby quilt, and it had to be a GIRL quilt! I am a little bit tired of all these Boy quilts. So last night I pulled out some Swanky turnovers and got to work. What fun! I love the bright pastels. If it was up to me to name this fabric group, I would have called it Sassy! Some of the fabrics are so deliciously citrus-y. It makes my mouth pucker up just to look at them. There is some lemon in there, also some tangerine and lime. I think it's going to need a little white border around it, just to calm it down. This thing is so bubbly, it must be carbonated!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara Fiedler said...

Susan, you did a beautiful job. I cannot believe it took you only a morning. It would have taken me FOREVER!!Is it too big for a baby quilt? I think I should have made it one row less horizontally and vertically.
Look how you just whip up a new baby quilt. It is lovely.
Thanks again and again and again :)

Andi said...

Beautiful job on your firend's quilt and I'm really loving your new quilt!!!

Quilting Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilting Corner said...

Susan, Sara's quilt looks fantastic. What a big mitzvah you did for her! This stippling is something we all seem to be afraid of for some reason. But I know someday we will all be doing it.
Love, Etty