Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Getting ready to go

Just got back recently from a visit with my folks in Florida, and I'm packing to go back for an extended trip. My Dad has Parkinson's disease and Mom can use an extra pair of hands to care for him. So I'm getting ready to leave. This involves closing up my house here in Jerusalem and putting together some hand quilting projects to work on while I'm traveling, and while I'm at my parents' house. I'll have some long layovers in airports, and I like to have some hand quilting while I sit.
This is one of the little quilts I'm taking along. The pattern was from Karen Costello Soltys' book, Bits and Pieces, and it was paper pieced-an easy way to make perfect diamonds. If you like making little quilts, you might like this book. I've already made four of the quilts in it, and hope to make them all one day.

Okay. Back to packing!

No comments: